Indigenous scholarships are available at Higher Education Commission (HEC) under English Language Teaching Reforms (ELTR) Phase-II for in-service English language teachers of public sector colleges and universities of the country in the following programs:
- M.Phil. / MS in Applied Linguistics and related disciplines (up to two year)
- Masters in Applied Linguistics, TEFL, TESL, ELT (up to two year)
- PGD, ADP in TEFL, TESL, ELT (up to one year)
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Pakistani /AJK nationals.
- Full time / permanent English language faculty of public sector colleges and universities.
- Teaching English at the graduate and postgraduate level.
- Candidates with maximum 50 years of age, minimum 16 years of education and at least one year experience of teaching English language as a subject, are eligible for the fellowships.
- Already enrolled candidates fulfilling the criteria and studying in the specified programs may also apply for the fellowships. They will get funding for the remaining period of their study.
How to Apply
- The candidate may secure admission in any HEC recognized public or private sector universities offering the specified programs.
- Send his / her application along with required documents and admission letter to ELTR Phase-II, HEC.
- The details of application procedure and terms and conditions are available on HEC website under “Learning Innovation” section.
- Original online Bank deposit slip of Rs.400 (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, on Account No. 17427900133401, Habib Bank Ltd., Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad as processing fee.
- HEC reserves the right to accept or reject an application without giving any reason.
Grants and Benefits
The ELTR fellowship covers full tuition fee up to Rs.100,000 and a stipend of Rs.2,000 per month as per semester schedule.
Closing date for submission of applications is July 20, 2012 at 3:00 pm.
Duly filled application forms must reach via courier / registered mail to:
Syed Musa Hassan, Project Manager ELTR Phase-II,
C&T Building, Higher Education Commission (HEC),
Sector H-8, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (051) 90400811/23