Directorate of Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), has invited applications on prescribed form for award of Talent Scholarships for industrial / mines workers and their children for the academic session 2011-2012 studying in the following discipline:
|I||Intermediate certificate or equivalent course from federal or provisional Boards of Education or any other institution recognized by the federal / provincial governments.|
|II||Graduation degree (irrespective of 2 or 4 years) from public university or private universities recognized by HEC.|
|III||Post graduation degree from public university or private universities recognized by HEC.|
|IV||Students who got admission on merit in any Public / private university / engineering university / medical college, registered with Higher Education Commission. Pakistan Engineering Council and Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, cadet colleges / public schools being run by federal / provincial governments.|
- An industrial / mine workers should have three years of accumulative service.
- An industrial worker should be a member of EOBI or ESSI and working in a functional institute that should be registered under the factory Act 1934.
- Mine worker should be register under Mines Act 1923.
- An industrial / mine worker should be defined worker as per IRA 2008.
- Service Certificate must be provided in case of ESSI card not available.
- Attested copy of CNIC of student and worker must be attached with the application form.
- Mines workers registered with Area Inspector of Mines.
- Regular/contract employees of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board.
- Applicant should have at least 50% marks in the previous exams (All papers should be passed).
- Applicant should be a regular and bona-fide student of an institution that affiliated with a recognized Board / chartered institution / university recognized by Higher Education Commission / PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council)/ PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council).
- Scholarship Forms must be signed by present register CBA of the factory.
- Attestation / verification of Scholarship Forms from any other association / federation is not allowed.
- Children of those workers who died during their service and payment of death grant has been received by his family from WWF, Islamabad.
Workers in the following categories are not eligible:
- Who resigned from service.
- Having less than 03 years accumulative service.
- Retired due to the age of superannuation / 60 years.
- Removed from service, GHS, VSS.
- Workers / workers’ children who are already getting scholarship from any other organization.
Application will also be rejected on the following grounds:
- Application received before the advertisement or after due date.
- Incomplete and non-authenticated Application Forms.
- Duration of course of study less than one year.
- Application Forms with un-attested documents.
- Application Forms Applied for previous session (s).
- Two application submitted by a student for the same academic year.
Application Forms complete in all respects should reach to this office on or before:
|Category 1||November 15, 2011|
|Category II||December 31, 2011|
|University Students:||February 15, 2012|
Students of medical / engineering colleges /Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) and students of cadet colleges / public school by federal or provincial government should submit their original payments receipts with their Application Forms for reimbursement.
For all heads of public / private universities medical colleges / engineering colleges duly recognized by HEC / PMDC / PEC:
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board, Peshawar, is extending scholarship scheme to the beneficiaries of industrial workers / workers’ children and employees’ children of the board and bear all expenses i.e. admission fee, tuition fee. transportation charges, hostel / messing, registration fee, examination fee, library fee, lab fee, computer lab fee, etc. In addition to the above, a stipend of Rs.1,600/ Rs.2,500 and Rs.3,500 per month is being paid to the students respectively.
In view of the above all heads of public / private universities / medical colleges / engineering colleges, duly recognized by HEC / PMDC / PEC are requested to extend admissions to the beneficiaries and submit semester wise bills of the admitted beneficiaries for payment at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board, Peshawar.
For further information, you may please contact:
Directorate of Education,
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board,
Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), Peshawar.
Telephone: (091) 9223038