KPK Workers Welfare Board: Talent Scholarship for Academic Year 2011-2012

October 25, 2011

Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) logoDirectorate of Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), has invited applications on prescribed form for award of Talent Scholarships for industrial / mines workers and their children for the academic session 2011-2012 studying in the following discipline:

IIntermediate certificate or equivalent course from federal or provisional Boards of Education or any other institution recognized by the federal / provincial governments.
IIGraduation degree (irrespective of 2 or 4 years) from public university or private universities recognized by HEC.
IIIPost graduation degree from public university or private universities recognized by HEC.
IVStudents who got admission on merit in any Public / private university / engineering university / medical college, registered with Higher Education Commission. Pakistan Engineering Council and Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, cadet colleges / public schools being run by federal / provincial governments.


  1. An industrial / mine workers should have three years of accumulative service.
  2. An industrial worker should be a member of EOBI or ESSI and working in a functional institute that should be registered under the factory Act 1934.
  3. Mine worker should be register under Mines Act 1923.
  4. An industrial / mine worker should be defined worker as per IRA 2008.
  5. Service Certificate must be provided in case of ESSI card not available.
  6. Attested copy of CNIC of student and worker must be attached with the application form.
  7. Mines workers registered with Area Inspector of Mines.
  8. Regular/contract employees of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board.
  9. Applicant should have at least 50% marks in the previous exams (All papers should be passed).
  10. Applicant should be a regular and bona-fide student of an institution that affiliated with a recognized Board / chartered institution / university recognized by Higher Education Commission / PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council)/ PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council).
  11. Scholarship Forms must be signed by present register CBA of the factory.
  12. Attestation / verification of Scholarship Forms from any other association / federation is not allowed.
  13. Children of those workers who died during their service and payment of death grant has been received by his family from WWF, Islamabad.


Workers in the following categories are not eligible:

  1. Who resigned from service.
  2. Having less than 03 years accumulative service.
  3. Retired due to the age of superannuation / 60 years.
  4. Removed from service, GHS, VSS.
  5. Workers / workers’ children who are already getting scholarship from any other organization.

Application will also be rejected on the following grounds:

  1. Application received before the advertisement or after due date.
  2. Incomplete and non-authenticated Application Forms.
  3. Duration of course of study less than one year.
  4. Application Forms with un-attested documents.
  5. Application Forms Applied for previous session (s).
  6. Two application submitted by a student for the same academic year.

Application Forms complete in all respects should reach to this office on or before:

Category 1November 15, 2011
Category IIDecember 31,  2011
University Students:February 15, 2012

Students of medical / engineering colleges /Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) and students of cadet colleges / public school by federal or provincial government should submit their original payments receipts with their Application Forms for reimbursement.

For all heads of public / private universities medical colleges / engineering colleges duly recognized by HEC / PMDC / PEC:

The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board, Peshawar, is extending scholarship scheme to the beneficiaries of industrial workers / workers’ children and employees’ children of the board and bear all expenses i.e. admission fee, tuition fee. transportation charges, hostel / messing, registration fee, examination fee, library fee, lab fee, computer lab fee, etc. In addition to the above, a stipend of Rs.1,600/ Rs.2,500 and Rs.3,500 per month is being paid to the students respectively.

In view of the above all heads of public / private universities / medical colleges / engineering colleges, duly recognized by HEC / PMDC / PEC are requested to extend admissions to the beneficiaries and submit semester wise bills of the admitted beneficiaries for payment at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board, Peshawar.

Contact Details

For further information, you may please contact:

Directorate of Education,
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Workers Welfare Board,
Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), Peshawar.
Telephone: (091) 9223038

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Rafiq un Nabi January 14, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I am a student of 1st year in Govt. Degree College Chitral. I belong to a poor family due to which my father can support me in my education / career. So I am requesting you to please help me in my education and support me by a scholarship.


asad ali June 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I had applied last year for scholarship with all requirements,
but i don’t receive any scholarship.
I am needy of it and please inform me about the result.
Asad Ali S/O Hazrat Nawab.


afnan khan July 16, 2012 at 7:47 am

I am student of bs zoology in gpgc bannu plz help me to complete my 4 year program


afnan khan July 16, 2012 at 7:50 am

in the 4th semester i am very poor student


m sabir October 12, 2012 at 4:53 pm

respected sir..

my daughter has appeared in the entry test of women medical college abbottabad and passed the test and qualified for the admission for the year 2012~2013 1st year mbbs on merit no 51..

we submitted all documents accordingly and got letter from workers welfare board and handed over to the director finance of women medical college for proper admission of my daughter.. despite all formalities (complete in all respects) management of the above mentioned institution is not admitting my daughter and demanding payments of all dues of college from my pocket.. sir i am a poor man and can’t afford this amount.. the said medical college is on panel of workers welfare board.. plz instruct the management of the said institution to give admission to the workers children..

i shell be thankful to u.



Manzoor November 14, 2012 at 8:23 am

Please send current notices for the year 2012-2013.


Javed Akhtar November 19, 2012 at 3:55 pm

My son is studying in private college sheikhupura. He is in 2nd year he got 85% marks in 1st year. I am industrial worker can i apply for this scholarship.


Adnan Anwar January 9, 2013 at 9:26 am

I am a student of islamia college university peshawar. I applied for scholarship 2 months ago but i have not received any reply still.


Noor January 24, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I am a student of BS Physics in malakand university. I belong to mardan kpk. I am a poor and want to get scholarship for my education. Can this department help me?


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: