Higher Education Department, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), has invited applications for 10 Ph.D. scholarships from the regular/permanent male and female government college teachers.
Applicants should have at least 2 years regular service in the government colleges, in the subject of English, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Botany, Zoology and Political Science, with age not more than 40 years on the closing date. Scholarships will be awarded on open merit basis.
Following is the breakup of scholarships:
- Foreign Ph.D.: 04 scholarships
- Split Ph.D.: 02 scholarships
- Indigenous Ph.D.: 04 scholarships
Application Form can be downloaded on the department’s website as well as from the office of Director Higher Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Eligibility criteria for award of scholarships is:
- Age not more than 40 years on the closing date.
- NTS / GAT for indigenous and International GRE for split and foreign Ph.D. program.
- Candidates already registered for M.Phil. and Ph.D in any university are not eligible.
- M.A. /M.Sc. first division CPGA 3.00 and English 2nd division are eligible to apply.
- A bond / affidavit shall be signed by the candidate with the government after selection.
- Final clearance from the Directorate of Higher Education shall be provided after final selection.
Applications of eligible candidates should reach the office of the Director Higher Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa not later than August 25, 2011.
For further information, you may please contact:
Amir Abdur Rehman,
Deputy Chief Planning Officer,
Higher Education Department, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,
Civil Secretariat, Peshawar, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (091) 9211344
Fax: +92 (091) 9212808